The card game database is a very important part of the gaming system; to monitor and administer the day-to-day operation of a card game room is a must. Consider the card game database as essentially the common repository of both dynamic data like money transactions, game records, etc. and static data such as user profile, game properties, etc. and it is widely used by almost every sub-system. The gaming system (DriveHUD database) uses Oracle database.
The database has the following salient features:
- The schema is designed to keep it flexible, scalable and easy to maintain by keeping the data integrity, performance, normalization and simplicity in mind.
- Every primary able in the system has the corresponding log table to keep track of the changes in the master data.
- Indexes are chosen very carefully to get the better retrieval performance without costing heavily on insertion performance.
- The database is accessed from applications using what our programmers call as a bit-mechanic JDBC connection pool API.
- Applications manipulate the data using stored procedures to keep the data access clean and consistent across all the modules of application, at the same time centralizing all the business logic within the card game database.
- The card game database has over 300 tables with over 600 stored procedures.